St Johns Church Keele Banner

The Parish Church of Saint John the Baptist, Keele

navigation
views of St Johns Church
Our Parish Church
St John the Baptist Keele is a Grade 11* listed building on the site of earlier medieval churches with a Knights Templar connection. It was designed by Staffordshire architect, T.Lewis, at the expense of Ralph Sneyd and opened on 1st May 1870. It is situated at the heart of the estate village built by Ralph Sneyd and there are pews for 320 people including 80 smaller ones at the East end intended for children. There is an extensive churchyard with 18th and 19th century Grade 11* listed memorial stones, situated mainly within the wildlife conservation area.
The church community plays an active part in village life.


The church is open to visitors from mid May until mid September. Please consult Historic England's website
for further details.
The sneyd tomb the altar

 

 

 

 

 

link to the home page link to the services page link to the weddings page link to the events page link to the church page link to the contacts page