An important note on the resumption of public worship
St John’s is now open for public worship on alternate Sundays only and with certain restrictions as listed below.
• The church can only accommodate 28 people at any service. People who share a household/social bubble may sit together but otherwise a distance of two metres between seats must be adhered to.
• Hand sanitizer will be available near the entry for your use or you may bring your own.
• Please bring your own pen/pencil in order to leave your contact details as required by NHS England in case of a local outbreak occurring.
• You will be required to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times with the exception of when receiving Holy Communion.
• Holy Communion will be administered in one kind only (Host). Instead of kneeling/standing at the sanctuary rail, please queue one behind the other, observing social distancing. When in front of the priest, offer your outstretched hand (palm up) to receive the sacrament. Move to one side, lift your mask and place the host in your mouth. Replace your mask and return to your seat, again observing social distancing.
• Unfortunately, singing will not be permitted so hymn books will not be available. You will be given a service sheet. Please take these home with you at the end of the service. Also, no physical sharing of the peace.
• The collection plates will not be brought round but please leave your donations of money on the plate provided at the entrance.
• We are unable to offer refreshments for the time being and neither can we provide toilet facilities.
• Please remember the need for social distancing at the end of worship and as you leave the church.